7322 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150 Bios recovery

Sam71
Advisor

ML150 Bios recovery

Hi all,

Is there a way to recover the bios on an ML150!

I had an issue with the fan noise/speed so I contacted HP support and did as they suggested and downgraded the bois and BCM to see if it resolved my issue! However it will no longer boot! It came up and said that this CPU is not for this bios (can't remember exact text).

Any ideas would be apreciated! I have a spare M/B but it has bent/missing pins on the number 1 cpu socket! That board won't boot if I put cpu in socket 2....

cheers, Scott
6 REPLIES 6
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi,
Generation version ?
Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

Sam71
Advisor

G3
Sam71
Advisor

I tried doing a bios reset as well as trying to let the server boot with a USB/Floppy with a Bios update as per some HP document but nothing happens!

There are no beebs etc. just a black screen with the keyboard locked (nothing happens when you push num lock - stays on)

I even tried putting the cpu onto socket 2!

Am about to give up!
Sam71
Advisor

Hi Erdogan or anyone else!

Have you any ideas for the ML150 G3
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi,

BIOS Update/Recovery
If the server exhibits any compatibility or stability issues, HP recommends starting the troubleshooting by first updating the system BIOS.

Use this procedure to update the server system BIOS with the latest BIOS version. HP regularly posts a new version of the server BIOS on the HP website to improve server performance.

Insert a blank-formatted diskette into any computer with a web browser and an Internet connection.
Browse to the HP website.
Locate and download the latest server BIOS to the hard drive. Double-click on the file and follow the instructions to extract the file to the diskette. This creates the BIOS update diskette.
Insert the BIOS update diskette into the diskette drive and reboot the server and the BIOS Utility Update program will begin.
After the BIOS update completes, remove the BIOS update diskette and reboot the server.
Press the F10 key to enter the BIOS Setup Utility and make the necessary changes needed in the BIOS Setup Utility, press the F10 key to save the changes and exit the utility.
Label, date, and save this diskette for use as a BIOS Recovery diskette.
NOTE: If there is no convenient access to the Internet, create a BIOS Update/Recovery diskette from the Support CD. Please note that the CD-ROM may not provide the most recent BIOS. To create the BIOS Update/Recovery diskette, run Support CD on any Windows PC with an HTML browser and follow the menu instructions.

Systems ROMPaq Firmware Upgrade for HP ProLiant ML150 G3 Servers
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1163831&prodNameId=3279687&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-18d6831babf94294b894eab436

Ps: If you can not do bios recovery. motherboard replacement.

Regards.
Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

Sam71
Advisor

Do you think if I put a Xeon 5050 on the board instead of the 5110 it may work as per the message I got when I downgraded the bios?