1753515 Members
7315 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150 G2 - 2003 server

Lance_37
Occasional Advisor

ML150 G2 - 2003 server

I just got a ML150 to try out the SATA model. They machine has not floppy drive, how to I get windows 2003 server to boot from CDrom and load the drivers, I push F6 on startup of the CD and it says no floppy present! Why is their no smart start for this line of servers?
2 REPLIES 2
anand_53
Advisor

This is a low priced entry level server. You have to go to RBSU bios(f9) and from change the boot controller order to CD rom. This server does not comes with a smart start CD. you have to use the OS cd to configure every thing.
Bart Van Cutsem
Advisor

ML110 also doesn't have SmartStart support. For this line of servers, apparently you're expected to try yourself. It is amazing to see that in 2005 Microsoft still manages to put out operating system install setups that require a floppy drive to load boot controller drivers. Really.
Either you go and find a floppy drive, or you can try to slipstream, if you have a CD writer somewhere. Try the nLite tool http://www.nliteos.com/. Remember, you need a driver package that has a txtsetup.oem file stating the driver can be used in the text setup portion of the windows installation process. You can make a new bootable disk with the necessary driver included. No more F6 necessary if you do everything right.