1752750 Members
4993 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150 G2 BIOS setting

ThomVis
Advisor

The replacement fan it an off-the-shelf silent one. So no part#.
Both fans have a 3 wire connector wired the same way (plus, minus and sensor). Teh replacement fan spins the way it supposed to, but the system won't detect it. I just want the system to stop looking for it.
And all that for just ones and zeros
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

hmm... so we are down to the common issue...

evidently the new fan is missing some logic as it does not let the system know it is installed i suggest get the orig fan and see what happens appears its circuits somewhere along the lines have logic, or the new fan is being connected incorrectly,
ThomVis
Advisor

With all due respect, maybe down to the common issue, but away from the original question.
I'm not interested in fiddling with fan logic circuits. I want to disable the system looking for the fan altogether, which is suggested with the "current mode" message in the BIOS.
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

ok if we find nothing in the user guide it is down to moving jumpers on the board and looking at what may seem appropiate on the panel that is removed it may give vauge hints..
hopefully it does ,

and failing this then looks like plan b to get the orig fan..
ThomVis
Advisor

Descriptions on the panel does not mention the jumpers.
So there is no HP engineer who can tell me how to disable the monitoring of the rear system fan? Or confirm this is not a setting in the BIOS?
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Went through an old BIOS simulator (doesn't say what year it's from) for the ML150 G2 and there appears to be no settings regarding the fan speed.

Would it perhaps be possible to disconnect the sensor wire? Maybe that would get the fan spinning but trick the system to think it's not installed/does not need monitoring? (never tried this myself).
ThomVis
Advisor

Trick the system to think the fan is not installed won't do it, the systems detects this and warns it's missing (and won't boot when rebooted remote).
I've tried running the fan with sensor wire detached. It's runs, but monitoring still kicks in.
Jim_McCarthy
Advisor

ThomVis --

Under the "Advanced" section of the ML150 G2 BIOS setup, you should see an option to enable/disable the "F1 Continue Prompt". If you DISABLE this, the system should then boot without pausing (i.e., without prompting you to press F1 to continue) upon detecting what it thinks is a disconnected or non-functional rear fan.

Hope this helps,

-- Jim
Plan: Learn to play guitar in dulcimer tuning (guitcimer) and become a guitcimaritan.
Baf
Occasional Advisor

Does ML 150 G3 have "Advanced" feature in BIOS? I can't see it
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro