cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML150 G2 SCSI RAID Question?

Gurd Mar
Occasional Contributor

ML150 G2 SCSI RAID Question?

I have a new ML150 G2 SCSI [ 380189-011 ] with 6 x 72 GB 10 K U320 HotPlug HDD [ 377537-B21 ]. Using Insight CD ( came with the server ) I can see all the installed hardware. I have run the "test" and everything passed. My question is how do I go about "RAIDing" the disks for RAID 5. I have entered the section on the bootup sequence but I don't see any option to RAID the disk - only gives you the option to format and verify each disk? Am I missing something? Any assistance would be most appreciated.
4 REPLIES
Girma Kassa_2
Frequent Advisor

Re: ML150 G2 SCSI RAID Question?

Hi Gurd,

Do you have a Hardware Raid Controller, like a Smart Array Controller, if it is not this server only comes with on board scsi which has no Raid.

You need a hardware Raid controller to set up
Raid 5.

Good luck.

Girma
Nicholas Strutt
Occasional Advisor

look at something like this.

HP Smart Array 641 - Storage controller (RAID) - 1 Channel - Ultra320 SCSI - 320 MBps - RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 - PCI-X

PCI -X dual SCSI channel PCI array controller for entry level hardware-based fault tolerance. Utilizing a SCSI channel (1 internal) of the SA-641 allows you to configure up to 6 internal hard drives to store up to 880.8 GB of storage. The SA-641 provides high reliability and increased performance over the LC2 controller, thus providing excellent value and lowering the total server ownership cost. In addition, the SA-641 is data compatible with all Ultra 320, Wide Ultra3 and Wide Ultra2 drives, offering an unparalleled degree of investment protection. Designed and integrated with HP entry-level and workgroup ProLiant servers, this product provides worry-free data protection.
Gurd Mar
Occasional Contributor

I bought a RAID controller - Adaptec AIC-7901X [ 373239-001 ] - which is installed on PCI slot 1. Has software v.4.30s6.
Gurd Mar
Occasional Contributor

I used "HP ConfigureAIDER" to configure what I required and passed on the HP parts to my supplier - the storage controller I choose in HP ConfigureAIDER was "Single Channel Ultra 320 SCSI Controller, Hot Plug Disks". Hope this helps.