ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753818 Members
8421 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML150 G2 can't recognize PCI-X SCSI/RAID Controller

Alex Korjevsky

ML150 G2 can't recognize PCI-X SCSI/RAID Controller

Please help! The server is down for 10 days now!!!
i've tried 5 different SCSI Controllers (2 Adaptec 29320A, 2 Adaptec AIC-7901X and 1 Adaptec 2120S RAID) on two motherboards (hp P/N: 373275-001) with all possible combinations. sometimes i'd get the 'Resourse Conflict' message, pointing to the slot with the SCSI card, and sometimes there is no message, but no matter if i get the message or not there is no prompt for SCSI Utility and i can't run it by pressing Ctrl+A. But the configuration page right after POST shows that the card is installed in the PCI-X slot.
i've already done: CMOS reset, Load BIOS Default Settings, disconnect all SCSI devices, disconnect FDD and CD-ROM, disabled all ports and USB in the BIOS, tried all PCI-X slots, upgrade and 'downgrade' BIOS...
at this point i have no idea how to fix that, so please, if you have any, let me know.
4 REPLIES 4
gugi

Re: ML150 G2 can't recognize PCI-X SCSI/RAID Controller

Hi Alex!
I have a problem that sounds like your problem!
Have you solved this problem, if yes, what have you done!?
Thanks!
Timur S Lukovkin
Regular Advisor

Disable the onboard SATA control from the BIOS (Advanced Chipset),(F10)
Timur S Lukovkin
Regular Advisor

Sorry...enable the SATA feature...
wsbriggs
Occasional Contributor

I've got a similar problem with a 150 G3 running SuSE SLES 10. The system was initialized prior to my arrival on the scene with a 250 GB SATA drive on the embedded RAID controller. I've installed five 500 GB drives on a second controller, an E200. During boot you can see both controllers, the embedded as JBOD, and the second with the five drives. Low and behold, when I try to run hpacucli from the terminal window, it can't find the E200 raid system, or any raid system. If I disable the embedded raid, there's no OS which isn't exactly helpful, What can I do to get the second raid configured?