cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML150 G2 management agents?

SOLVED
Go to solution

ML150 G2 management agents?

I am trying to get a Proliant ML150 G2 into Insight Manager. After running the psp 7.40, everything except for the management agents and a few other components did not install. When looking through the logs of the install it says there is no system management controller driver installed and must exist before the management agents will be installed. Where can I find the correct system management controller driver required for this server to have the agents? I have dual 80g SATA drives with the latest version of HP StorageManager loaded.

Thanks,
Brett
3 REPLIES
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ML150 G2 management agents?

Brett,
PSP not supported on all Proliant 1xx servers, include your ML150 G2.
But Insight manager can do BASIC management of ProLiant 1xx series through SNMP status polling and WMI.

Ok, thanks for the advice. I will probably send this one back to HP and get the ML310 g2.
Jon Ward
Trusted Contributor

The Proliant 100 series were never intended to be managed using SNMP agents. Most if not all are IPMI compliant. The Proliant ML150 G2 can accommodate a 100i Management Processor that can manage IPMI data.

Unfortunately, Insight Manager does not collect IPMI data, though as previously mentioned, a limited amount of data gathered from the OS can be gathered though WBEM/WMI.