1752565 Members
5476 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150 G3 Management possibilities

Norman Kuehn
Occasional Advisor

ML150 G3 Management possibilities

Hi, I just learned, that a ML 150 G3 cannot be installed with PSP / HP Management Agents. Message is, that Management Controller Driver is not found on Windows 2003. As the system has only an IPMI Management and an additional ILO100c card, the (for me til now normal) HP Management Agents CANNOT be installed....

Question: I have 5 disks and several fans in the system. I do not want to check them by hand. How can I monitor this system in a way, I thought it would be usual in 2008.... :-/
4 REPLIES 4
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

check :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00786488тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=1842838&prodTypeId=15351

Here is an explanation....
Problems with the HDDs or Fans will be reported in the system logs.
You can maybe use WMI or IPMI to monitor the health, but as you can see, the 100 series don't have a lot management options, it is similar to desktop...

Regards,
Pac
Norman Kuehn
Occasional Advisor

Thx for your answer. This is really poor for a server that did cost around EUR 5.000,-. And how can HP sell a "hotplug model" that cannot be monitored correctly?

Anyways - to find a solution: How can I use IPMI to get information? And do you know, under which event id or event source name the problems with fans / HDDs would be created in event log?

dms_1
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Lights Out 100 captures and stores the IPMI event log for access through a browser, CLP, BIOS Setup Utility, and
RBSU even when the server is not operational. The system event log lists a short description of each
system event. Recorded events include abnormal temperature, fan and voltage events, system resets,
system power loss, user login, and unsuccessful login attempts
Jessie Dalde

Hi,

I lost my CDs on my HP Proliant ML150 how can i download a startup discs? please help.

Thank you,
Jessie