ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752318 Members
5879 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150 G3 Server + Smart Array E200 : cable to backplane?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bram Kerkhof

ML150 G3 Server + Smart Array E200 : cable to backplane?

Hi All,

We've purchased a basic ML150 G3 server with the HP backplane (part nb. 416770-421).

We've also got the Smart Array E200/128 BBWC controller (part nb. 411508-B21), which we have purchased separately.

Currently, the backplane is connected via 2 cable assemblies to the 6 SATA ports on the main board. For installing the E200 controller, it seems that I need different cable assemblies combining 4 SATA channels each . These were not delivered with the server or the controller.

On the inside of the server case, there is a mention of two part numbers for this kind of assembly (part 409518-001 and 413403-001), but as it is not documented anywhere else I'm not sure if these are the only cable assemblies that need to be installed or if there are more connections for managing hotplugging.

Partsurfer wasn't particularly helpful on the issue, so here I am...

If any of you know which cable assemblies I should get/install that would be appreciated.
Also: if you have this particular configuration, just telling me how much cables are connecting the controller with the backplane is helpful.

cheers,
Bram
5 REPLIES 5
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor

Hi
If your server is a hot-plug SAS/SATA model - you need HP SAS/SATA 4 in 1 to 4 in Cable - 438160-B21
I case you have a non hot-plug SAS/SATA model - you need HP Internal SAS/SATA 4-Port Cable - 430479-B21
You'll find info about all ML150 G3 options here:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12527_div/12527_div.HTML
Bram Kerkhof

Thanks for the assistance! I've spent some time searching for these specs on the site. I've only recently started using HP machines so I'm a bit of a newbie in that regard.

I do have a hotplug server (with the backplane), so just getting two of those cables should do the trick.

Do you know if these are the only cables required for the hotplug-functionality to work?

cheers,
Bram
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes Bram, since you already have SA-E200, AFAIK only these cables are required.
Bram Kerkhof

Thanks! You've been a great help.

cheers,
Bram
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor

Glad to help :)