1752316 Members
5992 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150 G3 & Windows 2003 R2 stop resonding

Kbook
Occasional Advisor

ML150 G3 & Windows 2003 R2 stop resonding

I tested the system and I found out that when I configured the folder permission on the shared folder. The system will completely freeze. I can't move anything.

I used the 6-port embedded SATA
2 x 250 GB Harddrive ( RAID 1 )

I did turn on the OS boot watchdog in the BIOS back ON after I configured the RAID 1. I wondering if the setting in the BIOS can cause the Windows to hang.
8 REPLIES 8
Kbook
Occasional Advisor

Is anyone experience the lock up?
I found a person saying that it might cause of the Matrox driver
https://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1071572

I experienced the glitchy but I tried to reduce the Hardware Accelerator to almost the lowest setting. I am still troubleshooting but don't have any luck so far.

Datanet

We have the exactly the same issue.

NEW ML150 G3, 4 x 160gb drive in 2 x raid arrays. 3GB RAM Server 2003, SQL and exchange.

We had 3 lockups during the build phase, so turned off Hyperthreading, and has been OK all day, but have just had another lock up when we were changing folder permissions on a shared folder.

A DOS box was also Xcopying data from an old server across the network and the screen has locked up. No Mouse, etc. The Xcopy box has frozen as well. (ie the directory is not changing.

But any PC can login, logooff to the server, and Exchange is still working fine, SMTP & local emails, shares are working etc, and it looks like a video lockup, as well as the copy process, but not the complete server.

Possibly more than just a matrox driver I'd say.

BUT NOW it has now just locked up 10 minutes after the screen froze the whole server is frozen toall users and the console.

This is a problem HP.
Steve

So yes it is terminal once it has completed whatever processes it was running.

Steve
Kbook
Occasional Advisor

Exactly, That's what I experienced. the System locks up but the users can still access the shared folder. I did turn off the Hyperthread in the bios to make sure that the system run in the compatibility mode.
Tomorrow, I will call the HP support and ask them about the lock up problem. I really hope I would get good answer. Then, I will keep the thread updated.

Thanks for sharing,

KEvin
Kbook
Occasional Advisor

I would like to update about the case. I talked to HP reps last week and they just told me to call Microsoft instead. I am not so sure whether the Graphic driver might cause this problem. I read another thread and people reported that they experienced console locked up. So I will try to use the PCI Graphic card and I will update the result again.
Micros-Finland

We have experienced problems also. We halve Windows 2000 server running 80gb-Raid-1. Almost once a day system will crash.
Tim Greentree

I have similar problems.
Running Fedora Core 5 on ML150G#
the system hangs, and recorded in the event log is an event Sensor Type 07 - Processor, Number 57 - CPU0 IERR
Event Type 03 - Digital Discrete
Mark Tobin
Occasional Advisor

Same problem, same server, same OS. Uninstalled the Matrox video driver and it went away. Not required for server anyway.
Kbook
Occasional Advisor

After using the Standard VGA or the newest Matrox driver from the HP Website. My problem went away also. Please take a look at the relase note on the newest driver. It solved many instability problems