108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150 G3 and RAID 5 (P400)

SOLVED
Go to solution
ben0

Hi guys,

I just acquired a P400 SAS Controller and some drives. I had the same problem as you guys, put the controller in, connected drives, P400 bios would load and mention that I needed to enter the array configuration but wouldn't display the F8 option, tried the F8 then Ctrl Break, nothing would work. I noticed that my FW on the card was 4.06, so I upgraded to 4.12 and everything works fine now, I now get the f8 option, ORCA works fine.

Hope it works for you.
No Probs
Occasional Advisor

Ben,

Thanks for that just upgraded P400 firmware to 4.12(B) but no joy :(

Can you pls advise me what BIOS version you are using and what BIOS options you have set for on-board SATA RAID. I would like to emulate your set-up to see if I can get it working. Just thinking how are you connecting the drives to the card - via backplane?

Thanks,

Jon
ben0

Hi Jon,

Sorry I'm so late in replying!
Im using this card on a EVGA 680i motherboard. The card works with the onboard SATA enabled or disabled.

I updated the bios to 4.12 through Windows and it worked on next reboot straight away.

I have my drives attached through an SFF-8484 TO SFF-8482 cables, I currently only have one drive attached.

I get some help from a guy on hardware central forums:
http://63.236.73.177/showthread.php?t=176103&page=2

Let us know if you need anymore info.

Thanks.
Scott mC

A bit late, just stumbled across this. If you disconnect a drive so you only have 4 - does the p400 pick the drives up??

"NOTE: Information below pertains to SATA configuration:
- In BIOS revisions prior to 11/03/2006, the default configuration for SATA models will not recognize when more than four drives are installed while running Microsoft Windows operating system. To recognize all six drives, AHCI mode has to be enabled and SATA AHCI driver installed. For further information on how to enable AHCI mode, please refer to the RTF card that is shipped with the server or posted on http://www.hp.com.
- When configuring RAID using the embedded SATA RAID controller, two arrays have to be set up to recognize all six drives."