5620 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML150 G5 Boot Block 13 Beeps

SOLVED
Go to solution
ccpjim

ML150 G5 Boot Block 13 Beeps

Our ML150 had to be restarted and just started beeping with no display. 13 Fast Beeps 3 times in a row, pauses and starts beeping again. BIOS ROM image mismatch seems to be what the beeps represent. Tried to reset the BIOS with no luck, removed all drives and power except the main board, no change.
What are my options?
Any utility to re-flash a totally dead system with no drives even being mounted.
Jim
4 REPLIES 4
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: ML150 G5 Boot Block 13 Beeps

If you can't boot from the CD/DVD to run the firmware. You might be able to just replace the BIOS if its in a socket. Otherwise replace the board. My Supermicro Server boards I use at home have socketed bios. Call support. Do you have Carepaq on the server, they will replace the board no charge.
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi there,

try with base configuration, probably with min processor, memory NO PCI card etc..

Log in to ILO if you configured that and check if you get something for this behaviour.

Since there isn't any display, you can't even recover bios

system board replacement looks to be a last resort.

thanks,
aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

ccpjim

Thanks for the information. I have it bare-bones and I don't believe the BIOS is in a socket on this one. I have never had a problem locating the BIOS chip before, but this one is not identifiable. I have looked around at all the chips and the boards diagram on the back inside cover. BIOS is not identified anywhere. From the way it sounds, I'll have to replace the main-board.
Stupid thing is it was running well, but after an update, I had to reboot.
Jim
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Firmware 9.2 took out 2 server boards and 4 HBAs. HP sent out 3 dead boards with their technicians.