cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML150 G5 Crashing

Andy Warner
Advisor

ML150 G5 Crashing

I have recently taken over the support of a ML150 G5 server with SBS2003 installed. The server has now crashed twice overnight in a week with no error message other than 'The previous systemn shutdown was unexpected'.

I loaded up the HP Proliant Integrated Managment Log View to see if it logged any errors but i get the error message 'Either the driver does not support the Integrated management log or there is no integrated management log in this system'

On all my other HP Servers this just works so im a little confused as to why its not working. Are there any logs i can check to find out whats causing the issue?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: ML150 G5 Crashing

If a server just crashes and there's no errors in the logs prior to it, that often indicates a power issue. Be it PSU, cable, incoming power, something power-related inside..

As for the IML, maybe there is a service not running or not all the required software is installed.

You can find drivers here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3580646&lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3580609&taskId=135