1748255 Members
4177 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150 G5 doesn't power on

douglasfunk
Occasional Contributor

ML150 G5 doesn't power on

Proliant ML150 G5 after power outage server doesn't POST.  When I insert power cable into the power supply the server sounds like its starting up no beeps, system health light turns green power light is green then it shuts down and power light goes to amber. Aux power light is solid green but there is another LED on the mobo right behind the IPMI slot 7 connector that is flashing green.  Power supply?  I wanted to make sure before I put any money into this server.  Thanks for any input.

7 REPLIES 7
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

Try minimal configuration / CMOS clear. What happens exactly, when you start the server? It starts for couple of seconds and is going down or the fans remain running, but the server does not POST ?

Thanks!

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Murali_V
HPE Pro

Hi, Try the following Document: 

No POST / POST Error Troubleshooting and Minimum Configuration / Base Configuration Steps:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c03313823

Regards, 

Murali Mohan Vadlani

Was this post useful?

Accept or Kudo

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Check out the "service and maintenance guide" for ML150 G5: http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01310807/c01310807.pdf

On page 87 there is mentioned a "System Board Led" - and that it should be illuminated as long as there is power. It doesn't however specify where it is. 

douglasfunk
Occasional Contributor

When I plug in the power cord (power switch does nothing) the fans kick on and all the front LEDS go green for a few seconds and then it shuts down and the power light goes amber. Also there is an LED in the power supply that goes on green and when the fans stop that light goes out.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

I'd say the PSU is likely. Could be power cable or incoming power as well.

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

It can be an issue with the power button/LED cabel.

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Wiehan

I had this exact same issue in the last 2 weeks, ironically, on 2 x ML150 G5's two days apart. A few days of troubleshooting and looking for resources on the web, I eventually decided to unplug the front panel harness and start the server by shorting the two pins for the power switch. VOILA!!! Server worked perfect again. My servers are out of warrenty. I bought two little push switches from our local electronics supplier @ ZAR5 a piece, replaced on both servers. Both servers now working perfect again.