Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML150 G5 with Storageworks DAT160 USB

Adrian Crossing
Occasional Visitor

ML150 G5 with Storageworks DAT160 USB

Hi,

We have two ML150G5 servers that came as a bundle with a UPS and internal USB Dat160 tape drive.

We are experiencing slow data transfers with both of these drives, one is transferring at 150MB/min and the other is 329MB/min. Both of these are much slower than the maximum of 49GB/hour claimed for this device (using 2:1 compression). We are using Symantec Backup Exec 12 on both of these machines, with hardware compression enabled.

I've downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the tape drive, however when trying to install the latest firmware on both machines I get an errror.

Both servers are also running latest firmwares and drivers for the entire system.

Any ideas as to why these are so slow?

Regards,
Adrian
1 REPLY
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: ML150 G5 with Storageworks DAT160 USB

Adrian,

Can you test them with HP Library and Tape Tools (LTT) to see what the performance should be like. There are various tests available. It will also allow you to produce a support ticket which can be submitted to HP for analysis.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=406731&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=406729&prodTypeId=12169

Post any update back here. I know that most SCSI library and standalone drives are supported by LTT so hopefully the USB drives will be supported in the latest version.

Regards,

Brian