ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753517 Members
5046 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150 G6 B110i HpAHCIsr event ID 129

Jeff Donaldson

ML150 G6 B110i HpAHCIsr event ID 129

I have a server with an issue where I get an error in the System log..

The error states:

"Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued."

We've updated the B110i driver and replaced Drive 0.

What's next??

Every time this alert is raised, the systems locks up and must be power-cycled.
6 REPLIES 6
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Did you rebuild the RAID array? Did it complete? Try upgrading firmware on server, controller, and drives. See if it clears the error. which OS are you running? Do you have all the Windows updates if Windows based? If Linux, Did you apply all the Linux updates?
Jeff Donaldson

The operating system is Windows Server 2008 Standard FE x64

The RAID controller will come up with an alert at reboot that states "press F1 to recover data" and we always do.

We have not been able to actually go into the RAID control panel and do a full rebuild due to the nature of the business and that they can afford zero downtime..

I do plan to attempt this as they are closing early this Friday 1/21/11.

My question remains, however.. Why is the controller issuing a reset to drive 0?

This is an HP-certified RE3, not some best buy hard drive.

Is the controller failing? Can I plug the drive's mobo connector into another port on the logic board?
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Is could be several things. Upgrade the firmware on the server board, controller and drives first. Sometimes it can correct a false positive failure. It could be a bad controller, back plane or drive. HP usually wants latest and greatest installed.
Jeff Donaldson

I've updated all the drivers I could find thus far.. That doesn't mean I may not have missed any, but to my knowledge everything is up to date.

If there are no further updates available, what would my next courses of action be? Can I try plugging the mobo end of the sata cable into another port? Should I just tell the BIOS that I'll use its native SATA controller and take my chances on a software RAID?
Brian Heston

I have a client experiencing this same issue. They're running a six month old SBS2008 server, and this has been happening at least once a week for the last month or so but seems to be getting more frequent. I'm very interested to see what you find out about this as I have been unable to resolve it so far.
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Jeff,

Please make sure this driver is updated as there are some critical fixes with this version.
fix :
Enhanced bad block management to handle multiple blocks in a single RAID 1 or 1+0 stripe.

HP ProLiant Smart Array Embedded SATA RAID Controller Driver for Windows 2003/2008 x64 Editions
cp013026.exe (743 KB)
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884323&prodNameId=3884324&swEnvOID=4024&swLang=8&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-fc7b4e54c0e7433abe2f8801d5&mode=3

Event ID 129 with this error point to physical hard drive... sometime this is not captured by Smart event.
Check EventID.net for more details.

So, few steps would help to isolate:
1. update the driver listed above.
2. reboot the system if possible and explain the complete error message that you see during initialization of Smart array controller. there are many different errors messages with same F1/F2 key and have different actions associated with them.
3. if event source is disk for event id 129 then run the windows checkdisk to correct this issue
chkdsk /f
4. update the system bios as B110i does not have seperate firmware.

Hope this helps,

now share your observations...

thanks,
Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo