Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML150 G6 - Parts to add a second CPU

Tavis10284
Occasional Visitor

ML150 G6 - Parts to add a second CPU

Hello,

I have an HP ProLiant ML150 G6 server with a single Xeon E5506 CPU. 

Do I need any parts other than the heatsink and CPU to add a second CPU to this server?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES
hpkasabbagh
Frequent Advisor

Re: ML150 G6 - Parts to add a second CPU

Hello,

509505-001 Heatsink

506013-001 Intel Xeon E5506 Quad-Core 64-bit processor - 2.13GHz (Nehalem-EP, 4MB Level-3 cache, Intel QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) speed 4.8 GT/s, 80 watt thermal design power (TDP), FCLGA 1366 socket)

I saw ML150 G6 server Quickspecs to check Xeon E5506 CPU reference (507847-L21)  and then i search spare part with hp partsurfer.

Sincerly,

Renjiv
Respected Contributor

Greetings!

Tavis,

You will need to purchase B21 part. (507847-B21). This includes Processor kit and the heatsink. 

I hope that you find this information helpful. 

Regards,

Renji V

I am an HP employee.

Was this post useful? -
To say thanks click the "thumbs up" icon below!!! .....
BK_HPE
LSW

Hello @Tavis10284

I wanted to touch bases to see if you found the part number, you were looking for, and let you know that if you want to connect offline I can help you find the parts you need.  During my research, I have found that the 506013-001 Intel Xeon E5506 Quad-Core 64-bit processor is available from the HP Parts Store but the 507847-B21 Processor kit and the heatsink may be available through HP Local Resellers or online vendors.  Send me a PM if you want my help looking around, of if there is anything else I can do to help.

I am an HP employee in the ISS, Storage and Networking group, and I love helping our customers. If my post helps you, please mark it as an Accepted Solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert.
Tavis10284
Occasional Visitor

Hello, 

We installed the second CPU and heatsink, but when we turn the system on, it tells us FAN 1 fail. 

What part number do we need to order to resolve the fan issue? 

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Check the bottom of page 22 of the Quickspecs under the HP Cooling options

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04285936

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Tavis10284
Occasional Visitor

NOTE: Three (3) fans ship standard for 2P configuration. If customer orders the standalone redundant fan option kit (513927-B21), two (2) fans in a two-fan packaged box will be received. Only one (1) fan is required for system redundancy. The other one can be saved as a spare part.

So I am assuming I need one of these?

513927-B21

If only one fan is required for system redundancy, is there a way to safely disable the Fan1 failure message? 

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

How many fans do you currently have, two? it says 3 fans are required for 2P configurations which is what your doing, so it looks like you need to get this kit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Tavis10284
Occasional Visitor

One front fan and one rear fan. 

OK - I'll see about getting that kit ordered. 

BK_HPE
LSW

Hey Travis,

Thanks for reaching out to me. I apologize for the lapse in my reply but I have been contacting all my resources within HP to see if the HP 5U G6 Redundant Fan Kit (513927-B21) was available.  There is no one in HP that has that part available because it is End of Life, this part should be available through local or online re-sellers.  Please send me your location / zip code via PM and I can send you the name, address, and phone numbers of local re-sellers that sell HP Parts, you will need to contact them to see if they have that part as HP does not have inventory information on our re-sellers.  Hope to hear from you soon!

I am an HP employee in the ISS, Storage and Networking group, and I love helping our customers. If my post helps you, please mark it as an Accepted Solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert.
LDHWPB
Occasional Visitor

Hi Travis,

I currently have one Intel Xeon E5506 Chip installed and have been trying to order the other.  The issue is that the  part number 507847-B21 complete kit is suppose to come with a fan. I have run into the problem of none of the kits having this item included. Now reading thru your thread...am I required to have 3 fans when I install the second processor? 

LDHWPB
Occasional Visitor

Sorry! I believe I have the wrong Name. Any help or insite would be appreciated. please see previous post.

Spoiler

LDHWPB wrote:

Hi Travis,

I currently have one Intel Xeon E5506 Chip installed and have been trying to order the other.  The issue is that the  part number 507847-B21 complete kit is suppose to come with a fan. I have run into the problem of none of the kits having this item included. Now reading thru your thread...am I required to have 3 fans when I install the second processor?