1753500 Members
4219 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML150 G6 - SBS 2008 - USB problem

Trinda

ML150 G6 - SBS 2008 - USB problem

Hello,

I have a problem with the disks connected via usb. The server is ML150G6 and OS is SBS 2008 Eng. (64-bit of course). The disks are detected but with exclamation mark under "Device manager". I've tested 3 disks with same result.

The HW ports are functional, because I can boot from USB key (Acronis rescue boot disk) I have a problem with the disks connected via usb. The server is ML150G6 and OS is SBS 2008 Eng. (64-bit of course). The disks are detected but with exclamation mark under "Device manager" or with "unknow device" status. Disk manager has not recognized the usb disks.I tested 4 disks with same result.

The HW ports are functional, because I can boot from USB key (Acronis rescue boot disk) and I can make a backup to the external disk which is connected to USB. Bios recognize connected disk too.

Question is where is a problem - chipset driver or missing driver of connected disks for 64-bit OS?

I've installed last drivers from HP web site(cp011867.exe) and tried to install drivers from Intel intel_chipset_v9.1.1.10xx. But with the same end.

The interesting is status of USB devices under device manager "unknow device" and "system interrupt controller" This should be a problem...

Any advice or experience?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
RobertAlphaNZ

Re: ML150 G6 - SBS 2008 - USB problem

Hi Trinda,

Good Day!

Have you resolve the issue? I have similar issue, any luck?

Robert @ Alpha NZ