1753776 Members
7524 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

ML150 G6 SBS 2008 recovery

Patrick Woehl
Occasional Collector

ML150 G6 SBS 2008 recovery

I've had a catastophic failure of my windows small business 2008 server.  I've got it running on an ML 150 G6 with onboard b110i RAID controller.  4 physical non-hot plug sata drives in 2 RAID 1 +0 arrays (1 logical drive for OS and 1 for data). I've talked to HP support and replaced the failed drive in array A (OS drive).  I tried to let it rebuild the array when it booted with that option to use F1 to rebuild array.  That didn't fix the problem and I still couldn't boot. I updated the firmware on the RAID controller per HP's recomendation. still couldn't boot.  I booted off the easystart CD and in the ACU I deleted and re-created the array.  I have an SBS system backup on an external USB drive and supposedly I should be able to boot off the SBS DVD and select the repair option, but when I boot off of Disk 1 I get an error that %1 is not a valid Win32 application.  So then I boot off the easy start CD, go to maintenance then Install OS.  No option to do a recovery, but now I'm desperate so I figured I'll install the OS and then hopefully from the new OS I can do a full system recovery.  So the new installation process starts and it asks for Disk 1 SBS 2008.  I put that in and it continues for awhile and then either hangs or gets me to anoter error that says the file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupt. setup cannot continue. error code is [0xC1].  The DVD has never been used. no scratches.  system was pre-loaded with OS.  I put the DVD in another computer and all the files copied fine, so I really doubt the auto-run.dll is corrupt.  I don't know how to quickly get a replacement anyway.  Can you download an .iso from HP or Microsoft?  Any ideas what I should do here?