1752565 Members
5721 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

ML150 G6 Xeon LXXXX CPU

mrrv

ML150 G6 Xeon LXXXX CPU

Hello, I Have a ML150 G6 with 2x e 5504 and 32GB memory and 3x240 SSD

I want to make it a low power consumtion server, i read dat people have 2x Xeon L5520 processor in this server. 

Will this work without any trouble our do I have to do something other than only swap the x5504 for the L5520.

If you know more options to make it use less power then the info is welkom. 

Thanks for the help. 

1 REPLY 1
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: ML150 G6 Xeon LXXXX CPU

Hi

As per HP ProLiant ML150 G6 Server - Option Parts, there is no supported processor showing in option parts list which starts with LXXXX, hence you may face issue changing processor to LXXXX.

Please refer HP ProLiant ML150 G6 Server - Option Parts link for more information.

HP ProLiant ML150 G6 Server - Option Parts

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c01711631#N100B1

HP ProLiant ML150 G6 Server series - Overview

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c01710806

However with reference to power efficiency, you can use power profile setting in RBSU. Below are the settings available in RBSU for Energy/Performance Bias.

This option configures several processor subsystems to optimize processor performance and power usage.

Options include:

• Maximum Performance—Provides the highest performance and lowest latency, but should be used only in environments that are not sensitive to power consumption.
  • Balanced Performance (default) — Provides the optimum balance between power efficiency and performance and is recommended for most environments.
  • Balanced Power—Provides optimum power efficiency based on server utilization.
  • Power Savings Mode—Available for use in environments that are power sensitive and are willing to accept reduced performance.
I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo