5748 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150 G6 and Part number drive carrier/tray part number

jperezme
Advisor

ML150 G6 and Part number drive carrier/tray part number

Hello.
I want to buy this server and i adding new hard disks drives (no hp). I don't know what is the part number for drive carrier/tray.
On ML310 G5 373211-001 is the right drive carrier/tray. Is it the same for ML150 G6 ?

Thanks a lot.
17 REPLIES 17
SahaluS
Occasional Advisor

not sure what you are asking. are you refering to hot-swapple backplane? if not, then, you don't require any additional part to add upto four hard drives. everythong you need is included.
jperezme
Advisor

Exactly. Hard drives a want to insert are not swap hot plug. I had this problem with ml310. I had to but 373211-001 to insert new hard drives (hot swap hot plug).

Thanks.
Dhanesh Amirthalingam
Regular Advisor

Hi

go through this below link FYi

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13249_na/13249_na.pdf

it contain all the details about hp ML150 G6
SahaluS
Occasional Advisor

OK, I see what you mean.

You can get the HP hot-plug HDD cage. The part number is 519733-001 - it doesn't come with drive trays.

Remember though, in order to use hot plug drives with the ML150 G6, you need to purchase additional power supply to power the drives and a second drive controller, because the imbedded B110i SATA RAID Controller can only support four drives and only support RAID 0, 1, 10.

Another alternative is to convert the existing non-hot-plug cage to hot-plug cage, in which case all you need is the hot-plug HDD cage and hot-plug drives from HP. This options leaves you with 4 drives max. If you decided to use your existing drives, then you must buy drive tray from someone else, as HP does not sell drive trays and the cage does not come with a tray.

You may also want to consider third party solutions. Such as the Addonics Disk Array 4SA at this link
http://www.addonics.com/products/raid_system/ae4rcs35nsa.asp or the Startech http://startech.com/item/HSB320SATBK-3-Drive-Tray-Less-SATA-Hot-Swap-Enclosure.aspx
See additional HP info here. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01310794/c01310794.pdf

Dont want to confuse you, but here are your options as I see them.

1. Buy hot-plug cage, hot-plug drives, power supply and controller from HP. That way you have support for up to 8 drives
2. Replace your existing non hot-plug HDD cage with hot-plug cage from HP and buy hard drive trays from someone else. Dont know who, but you can Google.
3. Buy third party RAID solutions, such as mentioned above.

let me know if you need more info.
jperezme
Advisor

Sorry for my poor english.
In my last message i had several mistakes.
I said:
Exactly. Hard drives a want to insert are not hot swap plug. I had this problem with ml310. I had to but 373211-001 to insert new hard drives (hot swap hot plug).
And i want to say:
Exactly. Hard drives a want to insert are not hot swap. I had this problem with ml310. I had to buy part number 373211-001 to insert new hard drives (not hot swap).
I hope now you can understand me clearly.
Thanks.
SahaluS
Occasional Advisor

You dont need anything else to add non-hot plug rives. the ML150 G6 comes with four drive cage. the only thing you need is to buy the SATA drives and SATA data cable if not included in the drive package. I currently have the ML150 G6 with 2 Hitachi terabyte drives configured as RAID 1. OEM drives are way cheaper, got mine from Microcenter.com for $79.00 each and the SATA data cables cost me $10.00. everythinh=g working great.
jperezme
Advisor

Ok.
Thank you very much.
SahaluS
Occasional Advisor

You are welcome
Daniel Arrieta
Frequent Advisor

jperezme,

It depends if you bought your ML150 G6 server with a hot-plug drive cage or non-hot-plug drive cage.
If you bought it with the non-hot-plug cage then the guy above is right, you need just the cables and to provide power to those drives.
if you have the hot-plug cage then you need to get a drive carrier and that depends if your drives are sata or sas...