4551 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150 G6 and Part number drive carrier/tray part number

SahaluS
Occasional Advisor

@Daniel Arrieta.

Daniel, he already said he doesn't have hot-plug drives. The ML150 G6 is pre-wired for 4 drives. By the way, I have just added a third 1 Terabyte Hitachi OEM drive to the system and everything is working great.

Other than the drives all I needed was SATA data cable. The system easily recognized all three drives and I assigned one as spare.
RedGolf
Occasional Advisor

I also consider this Server for home use and data storage solution.

Assuming the use of the P410/256 raid controller:
- Can I use regular 1TB drives from WD, eg Caviar, or RE2, RE3 drives?
- When I need more than 4 disks, do I realy need the HP Hotplug drives with the special hotplug cage and power supply....

I don't see why bays 5-8 should be hot pluggable?
jperezme
Advisor

I have just to get a new ML150 G6 E5504 2Gb HP SAS/SATA P410 (466132-421) and i think i need drive carrier because i cannot insert a new hard drive.
jperezme
Advisor

Another picture
Viosabio
Visitor

If the idea is to install Non Hot Plug SATA HDDs that you already have,... the Non Hot plug 4 Drives Cage + 4 Sata Cable Kit and Drive Carrier Trays for the Hard Disks (maybe from third party vendors), is the way to go to allow the OEM HDDs to be installed correctly.

I`ve seen several pages offering the HP Trays but they are often out of stock. (I was told by HP Support that HP is not selling this trays alone).

The Other option is to buy a Third Party DRIVE CARRIER for SATA DISKS that fits on the 5.25" spaces where the Optical Drive sits, like the ones mentioned before (see previous replies).

In the end i ended buying 250GB SATA HOT PLUG DRIVES for my server. It was more reliable decision, still cheap, and got my server running.
jperezme
Advisor

RedGolf
Occasional Advisor

In the meantime I have the ML110G5 server and I use it successfully with the WD 1TB green drives WD10EADS.
originalfede

what part did you finally bought?