1745928 Members
4429 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML150 G6 won't show image, high speed fans

Pooloo31
Occasional Visitor

ML150 G6 won't show image, high speed fans

Hello, I've be given a ML150 G6 for personnal use, and was hurry to try soon bi xeon :D But the thing is that i'm facing an issue ... First, I only have DVI or HDMI plugged monitors, and had to put a graphic card to have video (Asus EN9400GT SILENT/HTP/512M ), and I've been told that even if there is no driver, i could have low res. video signal, so if NO it might be this the problem. But the previous owner told me that he moved jumpers to try fixing it, but don't remember which ones ! So one of the first things is, is there a way to find original position for jumpers ? My problem : - I plug AC power, normal button colour (orange when waiting to be pressed, then turns green) - When pressed, I get high speed fans (normal) but won't sow down - Got no image (though the TV recognize it's plugged but no signal) - I got several beeps but I don't know if it's HDD normal beeps or POST ones because they aren't that noisy, and thing is I've never faced POST beeps before :/ I Got : 13 short beeps, several times, then I got 2 shorts final beeps and no beeps anymore - I have 3 status light Clean / Tape / Drive (above USBs) and Clean is blinking orange - No other status led is on I'm quite a newbie in hardware, so do you have any clue about this ? Huge thanks in advance Paul FRANCE
7 REPLIES 7
Pooloo31
Occasional Visitor

Re: ML150 G6 won't show image, high speed fans

Sorry for presentation, though I made spaces and paragraphs it has not been taken into account :(
Pooloo31
Occasional Visitor

Tried to move the JP12 juimper, didn't boot, replaced again and same results :(

Edwin Eppel
Valued Contributor

The support page for the ML150 G6 where you can download the manuals is at

http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/home/?sp4ts.oid=3884323

The HP ProLiant ML150 G6 Maintenance and Service Guide has jumper locations and descriptions (pages 97-99).

Pooloo31
Occasional Visitor

After looking around for hours, I'm guessing it's a corupted BIOS problem ...

Is  there a way to flash the bios with no screen ? Like this method https://techjourney.net/recover-or-undo-corrupt-ami-bios-flash-update/ but we have to follow the on screen instruction ... --"

I'm a lil bit stuck :/

I already cleared CMOS and removed its battery with no results, unplug and replug RAM stick ...

EDIT : Yeah I ve halready DL the manuals, and first tried the CMOS jumper with no results !

But in itself I don't really understand how jumper works e.g JP12 : there are 3 pins (1-2-3), a jumper on 2 and 3. What is the procedure ?? I moved the jumper on 1-2, leds were normal but power button don't respond. I've moved it again on 2-3, is this the right procedure ? Should I do the same on JP8 ? And how to know the ORIGINAL position of Jumpers ?

Thanks for your response !!

Pooloo31
Occasional Visitor

I'm a bit stuck :

Somwhere, you can read BMC jumper is off when the jumper is 1-2 and on when it's 2-3.

Facing the machine, I would say from left to right it's 1-2-3, but all schemas (on the server cover, on the manuals ...) are the motherboard upside down !! 

So facing the machine, are the pins 3-2-1 ?? This is really not clear for me ..

Thx 

Edwin Eppel
Valued Contributor

Hopefully someone with an ML150 G6 will see this thread and give you the jumper locations. I tried to find an image of a ML150 but they were all too poor to see the jumpers clearly. Some motherboards will have a small 1 next to the pin 1 location.

I would also recommend using a VGA monitor. These server motherboards can be very particular regarding which 3rd party video cards are supported, and the diagnostic information displayed during post is over the built-in VGA. You should confirm that the system still functions with only the CPU and RAM installed, no expansion cards. Then add the harddrive and lastly try the video card.

Important information can be found in the quickspecs:

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04285936.pdf

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Not really sure what the problem is now ...

JP12 is for setting the BIOS to defaults.

For video - you should get a VGA-DVI adapter, then you can use the primary built-in video.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!