7482 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML150 Gen9 - Array driver B140i lost each time after incorrect power off

zebox_action
Occasional Visitor

ML150 Gen9 - Array driver B140i lost each time after incorrect power off

Hello!
I faced of with problem with work array B140i driver when incorrect power off.
In our office often happened problems with power, power backup not help.
When server switch on after incorrect power off, i get message about not found boot drive.

I load OS (Windows Server 2012R2) in recovery mode and sее drive array not found. Then i do driver loading (command drvload from shell) and execute startup problem recovery procedure. After this manipulation OS startup normally. But next day problem repeated.

How can I solve problem?

I have other (non HP server) and they startup without any problem after incorrect power off.

5 REPLIES 5
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

There could be couple of reasons for this:

How was the operating system installed on this server, is it by IP or directly from OS CD?

How many hard drives are installed and what Raid is configured?

Was the B140i Proprietary driver installed?

Are you using both HP Dynamic Smart Array (Software RAID) and HP Smart Array (Hardware RAID) Controllers on a Single Server?

Do refer to these documents/links for a possible solution:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/kb/docDisplay/?docId=emr_na-c04584500
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/kb/docDisplay/?docId=emr_na-c04655546

https://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?docId=mmr_kc-0123716

HP ProLiant ML150 Gen9 Server Drivers, look for * RECOMMENDED * Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller Driver for Windows 2012/2012 R2 x64.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

Self Solve Options for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

zebox_action
Occasional Visitor

1. OS was installed from usb with help, integrated in server, HP Utilities, and I think drivers was integrated to OS when OS installation prepared. When boot crash I load driver (in recovery mode) from web-link which you showed above and rewrite all driver file in system32\driver directory (may be OS restore previous driver files after system boot).

2. I have only B140i HP Dynamic Smart Array (Software RAID)

3. In server installed 4 SATA 1Tb HDD. Two HDD made as RAID 1, and other two the same (2 Virtual Drives).

bloomt

I am having the exact same issue, did you ever find a solution?

keaya

I seem to have the exact same issue.

A batch of DL360 G9s purchased. No smart array controller installed just the b140i used with Raid1 for the boot drives

Occational failure to boot the OS, Windows 2012 R2.

The install sequence was via intelligent provisioining. Defaults largely accepted

Media was presented via a network share for some servers and via ilo mounted ISO for others.

While installing Windows 2012 R2 updates servers would occationally fail to come up again as reboots where carried out.

If I reboot the server again from the ILO then the servers do boot

Any advice?

agentq15

Our server started having the exact same problem. 

Did someone find a solution to this?