ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752531 Members
4537 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150 SATA hard drive problem

Alain Kinet

ML150 SATA hard drive problem

I purchased a Proliant ML150 G2 with 4 ports SATA-Raid Kit. Also purchased one (1) 80GB SATA HD.

I plugged the HD into slot 1. After booting the system, Led lights up, but when I try to install Windows 2003 server, setup says it can not find any Hard drives.
What I'm a doing wrong ?
15 REPLIES 15
Raj_75
Regular Advisor

You will need to install the SATA RAID Controllr drivers. Visit following link to download the drivers and installation instructions.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22908.html
Alain Kinet

already done this, still same problem.

At this moment I unplugged the Adaptec controller card, and re-inserted it. Now the system shows me the Adaptec configuration screens, which at first it did not.
At the time of writing this message, I'm formatting the Hard drive via the Adaptec RAID configuration utility..........
gringod
Respected Contributor

Alain.
If you use any sort of raid a drive or all the drives must be setup as RAID.
If you only have one drive it must be set up as Raid 1(striped).

Then when you start to load Windows 2003 at the first install screen hit the F6 where it says load third party SCSI/otherv PCI devices.
Then when you get to format you will see a drive (logical drive) available to load Windows on.
(The 150 series does not come with any smartstart CD's and you must setup using Microsofts way of laoding)
Hope this helps.
gringod
Respected Contributor

Sorry Alain
that bwould be RAID 0
Alain Kinet

Derek,

thanks for the answer. I try to do just that, creating a RAID level 0 array. But the problem now is, that it is impossible to create an array with just 1 hard drive !!!!?
So, I think this means I have to buy another one to complete the job.

Can anyone confirm this, before I buy the new drive ?
gringod
Respected Contributor

Alain
You should be able to do RAID 0 on one drive.
That is with SCSI it should work with SATA
Ruben Muradyan
Occasional Advisor

Dear list,
I'm stuck with the similar problem.
Hardware:
Proliant ML150 G2, SATA-Raid, 1 HDD.
HDD is preinstalled by manufacturer in first (counting from floor) slot.

I've formatted this disk using Adaptec utility (accessible by Ctrl-A), and created a hotspare.

Adaptec utility doesn't let me to add an array, stating, that I don't have enogh disk.

After reboot this utility says that there's no devices supported by interrupt 13, and SCSI BIOS is not installed.

So here are my questions:

1. Which model of SCSI host adapter is installed for these models?

2. Where is my mistake?

3. Is there some kind of documentation telling how to deal with this Adaptec utility?

Thanks in advance
Marc Creighton

I have exactly the same problem, can anybody resolve this as I have now tried all the steps listed without success !!
Alain Kinet

I contacted HP support (phone).
After a little discussion on the phone, it seems that I downloaded the wrong driver from the HP support site.

I had to install the "Embedded" driver.
When I started the setup of Win2003, pressed F6 to install additional drivers, with this driver all worked well.

So, no RAID has to be created here.

By the way, I use the SATA model, not SCSII.