1752528 Members
4521 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150 SATA hard drive problem

Atul Thapar

Hi,
I am having similar issue and have tried all sorts of drivers from HP ML150G2 SATA drivers to other from Supermicro etc for the AIC-8130 chip....so far no luck end up with the same issue...windows cannot find a hard drive to load.

I have the ML150G2 with the 4 port SATA Host adapter (I think this is what is called the embedded; Server P/N 366358-0xx)

I have 2x80Gig Hot Plug SATA drives in it.

If you know exactly which driver to use please send / post the link.

Rgds
Atul
Marc Creighton

I finally found a solution - The drivers are included on the disk provided. Play this disk in another PC and save it to a floppy - Worked for me !
Ed Robinson_1

I am having the same probelm.... COME ON HP??? Whats the problem??? I have 2 SATA drives in bays 0 and 1 - the controller is an Adaptec HostRAID-8130 - I have set up my array in RAID-0 format - it is seeing both drives, but Windows 2003 does not see any drives (I have tried various drivers). What is the correct driver for this 4 port SATA raid controller? I cant find it anywhere - Adaptec don't even have it on their site - obviously it's an afterthought...
Ed Robinson_1

As with Alaine above - my problem was sorted by downloading the EMBEDDED SATA driver - despite the fact that this is an add-on PCI 4 port card, the embedded driver is the one - on bootup, make sure your card is the HostRAID-8130 chipset, then download the latest embedded driver or use the one on your HP CD.
Atul Thapar

Hi,
It finally worked for me; there was one more small detail. When you create the Raid 1 drive; you also need to make sure that you Verify. Before Verifying the Windows installation does not recognise presence of any drives !

Minor detail .

Rgds
Alex Tilling
Occasional Advisor

Is it possible to use RAID 5 with the standard ML150 SATA controller?

I have 3 80GIG SATA HOT PLUG drives but the raid utility will only allow me to select / create raid 1 or 0 array.