4118 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML150G2 Optional 6 Port SATA RAID Installation

Antony Girgis
Advisor

ML150G2 Optional 6 Port SATA RAID Installation

Hi,

Just purchased a ML150G2 with the optional 6 port SATA RAID installation and need help with connecting the SATA cables to the correct ports on the controller. Right now, as shipped, I have 4 different coloured SATA cables connected to the drive bay backplane but not sure which are the corresponding ports on the controller.

If someone could point in the direction of some helpful documentation I'd surely appreciate it.

Kind Regards
Antony Girgis
7 REPLIES 7
The Spartan
Trusted Contributor

Re: ML150G2 Optional 6 Port SATA RAID Installation

Hi Antony,

may the link would help you -

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00285315/c00285315.pdf

Regds,
Raghav
If you are keen to win, you should be willing to lose.
Antony Girgis
Advisor

Thanks a lot, appreciate the response. However, I've been thru this document and it doesn't make much sense to me.

It points me to the system manual (for models other than the 350) which has nothing (that I could find) about the meaning of each backplane port. My system is a 150 G2 so I don't really know how to apply the information in that manual to the 150.

Thanks again.

Kind Regards
Antony Girgis
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Antony,

The manual you need is the ML150G2 Maintenance and Service Guide.
(See Chapter 2 -Cable Routing Diagrams)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00267894/c00267894.pdf

I have cut the SATA section on pages 20 and 21 and created an image with the details you need. This is attached to my reply.

I hope this helps.

Brian
Antony Girgis
Advisor

Thanks for the info. I've gotten the main wiring connected and the hard drives are working fine now except for the LEDS which are not - I'll make a new post to cover those.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Antony,

Check to ensure that the LED control cable, power cables and SATA cables are plugged in properly. If the condition persists, get HP to replace the SATA Hotplug Backplane with Spares Kit 373012-001.

Brian
Antony Girgis
Advisor

Thanks Brian. Have contacted HP and am waiting notification of a visit by an engineer.

Regards
Antony
Antony Girgis
Advisor

RAID controller has been successfully installed (well, apart from the non-working LEDs on the HDDs but I've started another thread for that).

Thanks to those that helped.