1752647 Members
5932 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150G3 SATA/SAS Controller

Ryan Goff
Valued Contributor

That's the part number for the server itself, can you look at the cable going from the E200 controller to the drive cage and read off any part numbers? The format will be xxxxxx-xxx

Thanks
Dan King - WY
Occasional Advisor

Upon further checking and reading. I have discovered that the controller in this system is the LSI LOgic controller and not the E200 as previously thought. The specifications are unclear, hense the confusion. I have now loaded the cp007781 driver and all is working.

I am suprised that the HP tech, when pulling the system config via the S/N did not notice that the card was an LSI Logic and not the e200.

Thanks to everyone who replied..

Now I feal like an idiot...

Dan
Ryan Goff
Valued Contributor

Glad you fixed it!

In defense of the HP Tech...If you look up any ProLiant serial number, it won't tell you what controller options are present or added to the server after or during purchase.
Dan King - WY
Occasional Advisor

Wow. That suprises me that it would not populate in their system. It is their build, I made no changes except to add the 2 drives...

Dan
Ryan Goff
Valued Contributor

I guess what I mean is, that if you had purchased an E200 option, they wouldn't have seen it via the serial number the only way they would know you had one is if you told them.

Options never show up via a server SN, even Hard drives or extra memory or NIC cards.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

in that situation it's much better not losing time and checking what controller you have when
the server is rebooting or in the boot controller order to be completely sure what driver you need

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
gaborkarakas

Guys, I have some relevant problems to this:

"Dear support,

We recently bought a new ML150 G3 server with embedded sata raid controller. I installed 2 of the same HDDs to create a RAID1 array. I`ve set it up in the bios, got into the controller`s bios, created the array, initialized it (like with the other 50 servers I installed in the past years), so the controller said the array was healthy. Although when I started windows (2003 SBS Premium), it showed 2 hdds with the same capacity and the same content. But when I created a file on one hdd, it didn`t create on the other one, so the raid was not functional. I downloaded all the drivers I could get, but no luck. I downloaded all the utilities I could get (Intel Matrix storage manager, HP Storage Manager), but they didn`t help me. I called HP support, and they said, the raid controller the ML150 G3 has is a software raid, not a hardware one. Anyway it should still just work...

I agreed that we have to buy an additional controller card in our server. Because of the usability of the hp website (useless), I tried to contact our hp retailer, and they recommended the SC44Ge HBA. We bought it, I installed it today, downloaded the drivers, but HP Storage Manager still says no controller found. And when I restart the server I see 2 BIOSs: one for the embedded, and one for the new controller. But when I get into this new BIOS, it says that this controller is a SAS RAID controller, and it doesn`t recognize the sata drives. Also it`s weekend, so I can`t get ANY support from HP.

My questions are:

- Is the embedded controller capable of creating raid 1 arrays? So I could just see 1 hdd in windows instead of 2 different? If yes, please write me down how to create a working array.

- HP should let us pay them a lot of money, but then they should tell me which controller will work with hardware RAID1?

Thank you for your kind support!

Gabor Karakas"

Do you think this E200 controller would help me?