ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748181 Members
4026 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML150G3 Two drives in Win2k3 on RAID 1

Matthew Chartier

ML150G3 Two drives in Win2k3 on RAID 1

I have a ML150 G# running Win2k3 Standard. I have a raid three set in the BIOS, using the embedded RAID. Installed the Intel Matrix software and shows in advanced mode the two drives as non raid but on the RAID controller. I can create a raid there but only for a RAID 0, and can not create the RAID1. Also tried the command line utility but does not show the controller. Have used the drive that is on the software page for the server.
Use the 5.7 version of the Intel Matrix, also tried the 6.2 and when it reboots I see the Win 2k3 startup screen briefly then a quick flash of a blue screen and reboots.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Dagur Hilmars

Quote: "when it reboots I see the Win 2k3 startup screen briefly then a quick flash of a blue screen and reboots."

Exacly what happens to me... but i configured in bios... probably windows driver issue with yours also.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1090139

Matthew Chartier

Got it working this weekend. When installing it installs the Intel 631xesb/632xesb sata raid controller under IDE Controllers and also SCSI Raid controllers, I reinstalled the Driver for the instanance under SCSI Raid with the same driver and it changes it to an Adaptec HostRaid. Then the HP Storage Manager sees the RAID made in the Bios.