108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML150G6 NC107i PCIe Gigabit Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Julian Sore

ML150G6 NC107i PCIe Gigabit Problem

Hi,

Just built a ML150G6 with a NC107i built in network card. Built it whilst it was connected to a 100mb hub on my desk with no problems. Installed the Broadcom driver that came on the CD, works with no problems.

Moved it to the customer site, plugged the network into the Netgeat GS724 1Gb switch. The network refuses to light up at either end. If you put a 100mb hub in between, it works with no problems.

We have updated the driver to the latest on the HP website, with no change.

It looks like to me, the NC107i does not work at 1Gb speed! Any help or pointers anybody, please......

Julian
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

it called''HP NC107i Integrated PCI Express Gigabit Server Adapter'' it should support GB speed.but in the network card look at Porprietes of the card in the section ADVANCE at ''SPEED & DUPLEX'' it should be ''AUTO''.
Usally the answer for a situation like this.

Say thank you HP points,there situated next to every mesage in this thread,next to dat and time as UNASSIGNED.

Dan
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Julian Sore

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the answer, but we have already checked this. It is set to auto, but we have checked setting it to 100Mb and 1000Mb to see if this resolves it.

Thanks,

Julian
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor
Solution

Another thing did you check is the port set at 100 MB,it should also at AUTO or the hubs only support 100 bs conectiion.

SAY THANK YOU WITH HP...PLEASE!!