5390 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML30 Gen10 NVMe drive only shows 1GB

andrew_2419
Occasional Contributor

ML30 Gen10 NVMe drive only shows 1GB

Hello!

According to the UEFI Setup, my Samsung 983 DCT M.2 NVMe drive is only showing 1GB available. The same happens in Windows Server 2019 setup. The drive works correctly in another computer (showing all 960 GB). IтАЩve tried this on two different Samsung drives. Is there a way to get my ML30 to recognize the full capacity? The BIOS is the latest available.

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Hi Andrew,

Good Day. Where are you checking the size available of the drive and if the other server is identical request you to check the BIOS setting. Check if you have a HPE m.2 NVME drive and if yes then check with the same. Please check the below link:-

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a00053821enus

Page 22-23 which shows the two types of M.2 NVME drives compatible.

If issue persists then request you to please log a case with us using the HPE portal link:-

https://support.hpe.com/

Regards,

Bunsol

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
enrilor
Occasional Visitor

Hi, did you resolved the issue ? I have the same problem with an HP 950 SSD 1TB.

THANKS
Bekax
Visitor

Having the same issue.

Do you guys have any update on this?

Using ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB NVMe, which reports 1TB on other systems, but 1073 MB (1GB) on ML30 G10.

Bekax
Visitor

Update:

I tried with several NVMe. All of them report a 1GB drive.
SSDs were 1TB, 512GB and 256GB.

Not sure what's wrong since these SSD report correctly on different systems.
Is there any special BIOS config for NVMe drives? 

Mr_DC
Visitor

I have the same server. I use both an add-in M.2 (NVMe) to PCIe x4 adapter, and the built-in M.2 (NVMe) PCIe x2 slot. Samsung 870 in the adapter, and Intel 665 in the slot.

Both detected just fine. What version BIOS?
What are your PCIe and Storage settings?

Bunsol
HPE Pro

As you have mentioned that the drives work fine in another server. Is the other server a different model?

specs show only below drives compatible:-

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a00053821enus#

Page 23

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00061357en_us

Please do check the Notes in the link and if the subjected terms have been met
Write Intensive - NVMe - M.2 - Solid State Drives
HPE 400GB NVMe x4 Lanes Mixed Use M.2 22110 3yr Wty Digitally Signed Firmware SSD 875583-B21
NOTE: M.2 SSD can be installed either on system board or on dedicated iLO module (P06687-B21).
NOTE: Running at PCIe 3.0 x2 speed on ML30 Gen10.
NOTE: HPE ML30 Gen10 Front PCI Fan and Baffle Kit (P06303-B21) is required to support these drives.
NOTE: Not supported by HPE Smart Array controllers.
Read Intensive - NVMe - M.2 - Solid State Drives
HPE 480GB NVMe x4 Lanes Read Intensive M.2 22110 3yr Wty Digitally Signed Firmware SSD 875579-B21
NOTE: M.2 SSD can be installed either on system board or on dedicated iLO module (P06687-B21).
NOTE: Running at PCIe 3.0 x2 speed on ML30 Gen10.
NOTE: HPE ML30 Gen10 Front PCI Fan and Baffle Kit (P06303-B21) is required to support these drives.
NOTE: Not supported by HPE Smart Array controllers.

Also simultaneously check in System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > PCIeDevice Configuration Options > NVMe PCIe Resource Padding

What is the setting you have selected. If this is a new setup then try to change the setting and check.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Moises_B
Visitor

Hello, I have the same problem using a HP EX950 NVME SSD?

Some solutiuon to used it?

Thank you in advance.