108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML30 Gen9 flashing health LED

SOLVED
Go to solution
Optdoug
Occasional Contributor

ML30 Gen9 flashing health LED

I have a new ML30 Gen9 and the helath LED continually flashes. I currently have on 500GB SSD drive installed with Windows 2012 R2. As you can see I do get the "Not able to Authenticate error, but I don't think that should make the health LED constantly flash red, should it? Everything seems to be working fine other than the LED. Here are a couple screenshots or the Storage Administrator and the System Management log.

Any help would be appriciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Optdoug
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Re: ML30 Gen9 flashing helath LED

I think I found my answer. I only have one drive in the system and the only option was to configure it with RAID 0. And while it dod work, I think that is what was causing the health LED to flash red. I found a way to disable RAID in the System Utilities.

1. Restart the server.
  2. Press F9 to enter System Utilities when prompted during Power-On-Self-Test (POST).
  3. Select System Configuration from the System Utilities screen.
  4. Select BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU)
  5. Select System Options.
  6. Select Embedded SATA Configuration.
  7. Select Enable SATA AHCI Support.
  8. Press F10 to save your selection.
  9. Exit the RBSU, System Configuration, and System Utilities menu.

I'm currently reinstalling to OS and the LED is not flashing red! I figured I would post this in case anyone else is having the same isssue.

PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

Re: ML30 Gen9 flashing helath LED

You are searching too far.... The screenshot from your Array Manager says clearly "Disk Drive not authenticated".

You say that you installed an SSD drive?
Is it mounted in an original HP disk frame? If you installed it "free flying" without frame or with a chinese aftermarket copy frame, this could be the cause of your problem. Take a frame from a used (defective) HP drive and put your SSD inside that. The error will most likely be gone.

"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"