ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748203 Members
3240 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML310 G2 SATA 4 Drives Configuration ?

Jonas Saleh
Occasional Contributor

ML310 G2 SATA 4 Drives Configuration ?

Hy,

i am trying to set up a ML310 G2 Server. The Server has an Embedded S-ATA Raid Controler.

When I activate the Software RAID Option in the BIOS and restart the server, there are only two drives available and marked as "configured" and the other two drives are marked as "non-configured". The Controler reports that there are JBOD Devices present. When I enter the Adaptec Controler Configuration, there are only the first two drives available for creating an array.

What am I doing wrong ? I want to add all four drives to a Raid 1 array. This is my first practise with HP SATA Controlers ...

Best Regards

Jonas
3 REPLIES 3
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

You're not doing anything wrong. This controller only supports 2 drives when configured into an array. I'd recommend looking at the quickspecs for this server which provide more info:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12168_na/12168_na.html#Storage

Take a look at the area for the Hot-Plug SATA models.

You can have four drives attached to the embedded SATA, but the sw raid would need to be disabled. You can use all four drives in an array if you get the 6 port optional adapter.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Jonas Saleh
Occasional Contributor

Hy,

thanks, that was what I am looking for. Next time I will take a look to the specs first.

Best Regards

Jonas
JorgeMOP