ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753415 Members
6750 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML310 G3 & 3ware 9650SE-2LP

Jose Cardoso_1

ML310 G3 & 3ware 9650SE-2LP

I am having problems getting this 3ware PCI Express x1 RAID card working on a ML310 G3 server.

The card installs and is seen by diagnostics but displays the following message on POST:

"Operation memory allocation fail.3ware BIOS not installed."

According to 3ware this message occurs for the following reason despite all firmware being current:

"Response:- 14th February 2008 at 15:31 Tech 6

The 9650se card will not post because HP bios only allocated 64k for PMM (post memory manager). We have reported the problem to HP but no fix so far. The problem can't be fixed by 3ware.

Thanks,

AMCC Customer Support,

Tech 6."

Has anyone else had a similar experience? What would be the best way to get HP to resolve this if it is at all resolvable?
2 REPLIES 2
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

There are several SCSI and SAS/SATA RAID controllers from HP available for this server.
I don't see why you think that HP has the obligation of making a third party controller work on a Proliant server. Every product (hardware and software) on the market has a compatibility table, and it's there to be read and followed.
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think that HP will ever support this card in this server.

Let me ask you : will a Xeon processor work with your Desktop PC?

The problem is exactly with the ROB/Bios of the server. It don't support the card, that's why there is the quickspecs - the list with all supported components:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12364_div/12364_div.html

This model is retired on the 17.02.2007, so there will be nothing new for it from HP, the server is quite old.

Sorry for the bad news, but the bad answer is an answr too :)

Pac