6260 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML310 G4 & SCO Openserver 5.0.7

Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

ML310 G4 & SCO Openserver 5.0.7

Hello

I have a ML310 G4 (SAS Model) and want to install SCO Openserver 5.0.7 on it.
Do you know where I can find the storage controler's driver and how should I install it?

Hasan
7 REPLIES 7
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hello Hasan,

I think that the Extended Feature Supplement (EFS) disk has the drivers you need as it now has added support for the P800 controller.

Here is a link to all the SCO Openserver 5 driver, BIOS and firmware files for ML310 G4.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/26_6308.html

Brian
Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

Hello,

Extended Feature Supplement can install after comleting the installation of operating system.However I must have Controller's driver before installing the OS becuase SCO cannot detect HDDs and controller by default and I need to use the driver during the installation.

Hasan
samanvya
Advisor

Models described as SAS models include an 8-port host bus adapter (HBA) that supports both SATA and SAS hard drives in non-RAID, RAID 0, or RAID 1 configurations. HP 8 Internal Port SAS HBA with RAID (in PCI-X slot) (SAS Models)

if this si the controller then drivers are at:
HP 8 Internal Port SAS Host Bus Adapter with RAID, SCO OpenServer 5

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/locate/26_6227.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

Hello samanvya,

The file at the link which you proveded for me is about Storage firmware. Nothing is about HP 8 Internal Port SAS Host Bus Adapter with RAID Driver for SCO.
I updated my controller firmware but Still I need its driver for installing SCO 5.0.7

Hasan
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hasan,

At the bottom of the link I sent earlier it states that the floppy disks can be built from a Windows system using rawrite to create the individual diskettes from the supplied 1.44Mb images. Winzip can open and extract the tar file contents no problem. Here is the note.

NOTE: If you have downloaded and extracted the tarball contents on a windows box, you may use the rawrite.exe file to create BTLD and EFS diskettes. You may download tls096.zip from SCO website at ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/TLS/tls096.zip. Refer to RAWRITE.DOC file present in tls096.zip for license agreement and usage.

Is it not then possible to point the installation to the diskette with the SAS driver on it or is this purely for EFS? I don't know enough about SCO Unix to answer but it sounds similar to the Windows side.

Sorry if this is a waste of time.

Brian
Mike Bonds

I have the same problem except the server is a ML570 G4 and it doesn't have a floppy drive. Is there anyway to install HBA's from the CD instead of the floppy?
Mr_B2k3

Hi,

The driver you require to link in at boot time is the "hpsas" driver which is available on the first floppy disk of the HP EFS.

To get around having no floppy drive you can use an external USB floppy unit (But don't use Sony ones as you'll have problems).

There are some documented guides on how to do this in SCO's knowledge base which tell you how to do this at :

http://www.sco.com/support

Just search for proliant usb floppy and you'll find them.

I've done this many times before so I know it works.

Hope this helps.

Mr_B2k3