ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753776 Members
7239 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML310 G4 shutdown when connected to 1gbits switch. 100mbits fine.

trep
Occasional Contributor

ML310 G4 shutdown when connected to 1gbits switch. 100mbits fine.

Hi,

Having a problem with a ML310 G4.

Server shutdown unexpectedly a couple days ago. It wouldn't turn on for some reason. After unplugging the network cable, it finally boot up. Plugging in the network cable caused him to shutdown 15 seconds later. We've tried connecting the server to another switch and for some reason it works fine (besides a constant beeping sound only in Windows, nothing during the POST or after).

The switch it was connected on was a 3com 1gbit/s. Link would state 1gbit on the server. Other "switch" is the router itself. 100mbits port.

There's nothing in the Integrated Log Viwer besides "keyboard not found" back in 2008. Raid is fine, alarm is even disabled.

The NIC causing the server to shutdown might come from a faulty power supply, i think. Hard to say since the server seems to be working fine (time will tell i guess) right now in 100mbits.

As for the constant beeping in Windows. No clue if it's related or not. Windows logs have nothing in them as well as the HP logs. Might be some software throwing this ?

Anyway, looking for inputs on this, i'm running out of ideas hehe

trep-

1 REPLY 1
trep
Occasional Contributor

Re: ML310 G4 shutdown when connected to 1gbits switch. 100mbits fine.

Hi,

Finally, server won't boot up anymore. When powered on, it stays on for 5 seconds and shutdown.

Only amber/red led coming up is the Processor Fault led which blinks when the server is powered on. Nothing else.

I'm thinking motherboard might be faulty. Tried with another PSU and same thing happens.

Inputs ?

Regards,

trep