1753882 Members
7342 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

ML310 G5, Server 2008. Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Mark Fator
Advisor

ML310 G5, Server 2008. Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet NIC

I have a ML310 G5 Server with Server 2008. The Network adapter, Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet is having issues. The device manager gives "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the driver required for this device. (Code 31). (This is an embedded Nic) It is showing b57nd60x.sys as the driver with File version 10.10.0.0. There is a "HP NC326i PCIe Dual Port Gigabit Server Adapter" listed as well and it is loaded and working. Now it's driver detail is showing the "same driver" but with a File version: 11.7.1.0. The two have always been present when the Server was working correctly.
The network and connection diagnostics are coming up with the cable is not connected or the NIC has issues messages.
I have had out IT person working on it with no luck, having run a bunch of assorted updates and trying multiple paths to correct the problem. Our company has been DOWN for two days and would greatly appreciate any input.

With the server down I can not get to our company mail so please email directly to mjfator@att.net

Thanks