5734 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML310 G5 - embedded sata raid

damiri
Regular Advisor

ML310 G5 - embedded sata raid

Hello,

I am pretty much sure that this SATA RAID can't be configured and SmartStart can't be used but I decided to check here again :-)

Please let me know if any version of SmartStart support it ...

P.S.This thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers - Netservers > to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)-HP Forums Moderat

11 REPLIES 11
Karl Limacher

Would love to know if this is on the cards, version i have is 8.00, newest on the website is 8.00 and it still dont work

come on HP......
Daniel Berry

anyone have any word on this as i cant get windows server 2208 64 bit to install on a hp ml310 G5 using the onboard raid either using the smart start cd or using just my windows server 2008 media
Andy Elston
Advisor

Please tell me they sorted this somehow?

I just bought a 310 G5p and STILL it seems that version 8.30 doesnt support the embedded SATA Raid controller...

There dont even appear to be any drivers available that allow the F6 option to install additional SCSI or RAID drivers during the intial stages of the Windows 2003 x64 Standard installation.

I have been at this for 3 days and have tried everything I can think of. I've installed the OS on a single disk and installed the array manually using the add hardware option in the control panel, switched on the RAID in BIOS and it no longer boots. Try to install with the RAID enabled in BIOS and you the install tells you it has no availbale disks to install on.

Please someone tell me what the heck I'm missing before I go jump off the roof.

damiri
Regular Advisor

go on ebay and by sas :-). there is no way to use smartstart and install it. you have to create slipsream cd
Andy Elston
Advisor

They seriously have no answer to this?

If thats the case, I'm sending it back to the supplier as it is' Not fit for purpose'

Why produce a, albeit budget server with embedded raid, if you cant use the raid options.....

I've used HP compaq servers for 13 years and never ever had anything like this before...maybe I'll try IBM next time.
damiri
Regular Advisor

You can use RAID but you CAN'T use SmartStart to install OS. You have to create dvd with nlite or similar tool. After installation you just apply Proliat Supportpack for your hardware. It is good server, best in class.
damiri
Regular Advisor

You mean Lenovo (instead of IBM)? We dumped IBM in favor of HP. I will dupm HP once I find somebody builder better server at same or lower cost ;-). Not married to any of them but HP is No. 1 as far as x84 infrastructure is in question ...
Andy Elston
Advisor

But a server shpould come with everything you need to set it up in whatever configuration you want?!!

I'll have a crack at the Nlite, in fact I'd already started on that before I gave up and came home for a beer!

I'm amazed they've got away with it to be honest, wonder how many got sent back?!

thanks for the reply, at leats I know not to bother trying to find any drivers tonight.
damiri
Regular Advisor

it is same thing with IBM servers as well as with DELL with SATA raid. They are using same chipset, so even with IBM I thing you won't be able to use ServerGuide. I don't remeber how Dell call his tool for installation.