6302 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML310 Running NW6.5 Reboots Every 60 Minutes

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gary Ferg

ML310 Running NW6.5 Reboots Every 60 Minutes

Today, the server began rebooting by itself every 60 to 75 minutes. An endless loop.
Example:
- Server running - can see and log into server
- 60 to 75 minutes later the hard drive identification light stops "flickering" on front of server. (The hard drive utilzation light on front panel stops lighting up) At this time, unable to see the tree or sever
- 10 to 15 minutes pass and server begins automatic reboot. Once sever comes online, can login and use as desired.
- 60 to 75 minutes later, the loop starts all over again.

NW6.5 SP3 is installed.
Hardware is spec for this model

Right now at a loss as to what is the cause. Information towards a solution would be greatly Appreciated. Thank you in advance,

Gary
3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ML310 Running NW6.5 Reboots Every 60 Minutes

Gary,

Load the Integrated Management Log (IML)Viewer for Netware and use it to determine if the IML has any hardware failure entries which may give you some clues as to the underlying problem.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21289.html

I hope this helps.

Brian
Gary Ferg

Hello,

At 12:07 PM, on March 15, insatlled NW65SP5.exe. Reboot and at 12:37 PM, server back online and working without issue.. monitored for a couple of hours to see if it kept rebooting.. no rebooting.

at 2:32 PM, got notification that a reply via the forum was available. I did not try the suggestion at this point, as things were working.. but will keep the suggestion as something to try, the next time something similar happens.

I do thank you for the quick response.

Gary
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

No problem Gary.

I hope it remains stable for you.

Brian