1753404 Members
7075 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML310 Win 2000 install problem

Damion Griffiths

ML310 Win 2000 install problem

Hi,
I'm trying to install Win2000 Server on a ML310 with Integrated Ultra ATA-100 IDE RAID Controller & 2 x 40 GB HD in Raid 1 config. I am doing a manual install from CD, but the install hangs at 'Windows is starting up'. I have followed the 'customer advisory EM011003_CW01 revision 1' on HP web site i.e download & install raid driver during setup, but am still getting the same error. I also have this error when installing using SmartStart 7. Please help !
3 REPLIES 3
Tarek Kawach
Honored Contributor

Hi Damion:

What error are you getting.

did you try the windows 2000 driver for that card:

HP ProLiant Integrated Ultra ATA-100 Dual Channel Driver for Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003 version 2.5.2003.613 (17 Dec 03) http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/18588.html

I would try this driver (this driver is same as the one on the PsP 7.10) with the instructions of the customer advisory (try manual install). and let me know how it works.

Where dose it lockup or get error and what error do you get.

Make sure that server is at minimum config and no 3rd party hardware.

Best regards,

Tarek.

Hey, look a light at the end of the tunnel.
Damion Griffiths

Hi Tarek,

Thanks for the response.
I managed to get it working. I used this driver: http://www.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/download/15159.html
and then patiently waited for 45 mins at the 'Setup is starting windows' screen.
I'm not sure why it took so long, but it eventually worked......

Cheers

Damion

Tarek Kawach
Honored Contributor

that is great.

if install finished and no further problems thats great.

Normally windows lockup or takes too long during install ; if it dosenot detect or finds correct drivers for hardware; if you are not using any extra hardware in the server; should not take that long.

possible Devices not recognized; or bad memory locations could be cpu cache or memory.

Hey, look a light at the end of the tunnel.