cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML310 and Server 2008 Bootloop

CCallahan
Occasional Contributor

ML310 and Server 2008 Bootloop

Trying to do a fresh install of Server 2008 x86 on ProLiant ML310 G5 server. Have tried installing three times via 3 different versions of SmartStart and via the Windows OS disk directly. Everytime it gets to the black screen with the Windows logo and green progress bar and goes into continuous bootloop. Safe mode does not work so tells me it is hardware issue. This server had Server 2008 installed on it previously and the hardware config has not changed.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have erased the settings and created a new array which didn't work. Only things plugged into the server are a mouse, keyboard, and monitor. Not sure what else to check.

2 REPLIES
Lincy_Zachariah
Valued Contributor

Re: ML310 and Server 2008 Bootloop

Hi,

Providing the driver for embedded SATA raid controller might fix the issue.

Please try the following:

1. Keeps the default settings in the server BIOS
2. Go to HP web page HP Embedded G5 SATA RAID Controller Driver for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64 Editions to download the driver for embedded SATA raid controller

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3872018&swItem=MTX-89b748fe8b0b4011b87a63053d&prodNameId=3872019&swEnvOID=4024&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=5

3. Download the file cp009516.exe on any Microsoft Windows operating system computer,
4. Extract the file on floppy
5. Pass on this floppy when the installation prompts to provide the controller driver.

Thanks & regards,
I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

CCallahan
Occasional Contributor

Re: ML310 and Server 2008 Bootloop

Thanks for the reply.

It is the x86 version.  I have the correct drivers but the only time it asks me to provide them is when I select the repair option instead of just install.  Is there another time during the standard install that I should be providing them?

Also wanted to add that I did go to repair, selected the drivers, and performed a complete restore of the server from a Windows backup after failing to do a successful fresh install.  It restored and booted without issue.