1753617 Members
5835 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML310

Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Do you have an array controller? I know this machine has the ATA array controller, but I thought the drives you had were attached to a scsi adapter.

Typically on the smart array controllers, which come as options for Proliant servers, it'll require an array be configured before the OS can be installed.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Mike_393
Occasional Advisor

Yes I have a SCSI array controller. This box has two scsi drives and one ATA. I wanted to mirror the scsi's but have not found the option. I assume if I had been able to use smart start I could have done it there.

Thanks

Mike
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

This isn't an option within Smart Start since this is typically something done within the OS (Win2000 Pro in this case). This will require converting the drives on the scsi to dynamic disk through disk management (Win 2000 utility) and specifying mirroring there.
Mike_393
Occasional Advisor

Thanks so much for your time on this problem of mine. As far as letting windows controll mirroring. How big of a proformance hit is it to let windows handle it?

Thanks again
Mike
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure how much this will affect performance. Obviously this will add a load, especially compared with a hardware array controller, but how noticeable it'll be is dependant on many factors.