Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML310

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jeazor
Occasional Advisor

ML310

I have a ML310 that was once a server for our GM dealership, GM decommisioned it and now I want to use it as a stand alone PC for my techs in the service department, anyways I want to load W2K onto it but system says it cant find the hard drive, so do I need to F6 load raid drivers or can I bypass the Raid driver install process and just do a normal OS install? Any help would be great,

Thanks
James
10 REPLIES
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ML310

hi

I suppose it is a Generation 1? ml310 G1?
if so

yes you need to add the drivers for your controller... I don't know which controller that server has:
Integrated Single Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Adapter (SCSI Models) OR
Integrated Dual Channel Ultra ATA-100 IDE Adapter with Integrated ATA RAID 0, 1, & 1+ 0 (ATA Models)
or any other.

according with controller your server use download the driver

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3279699&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=327415&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=181#113214

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Jeazor
Occasional Advisor

This is the one I have "Integrated Dual Channel Ultra ATA-100 IDE Adapter with Integrated ATA RAID 0, 1, & 1+ 0 (ATA Models)"

Which driver to I need exactly? And how should I load it.

Thanks for yr help

James
Jeazor
Occasional Advisor

Im not sure which version I have, it was new in 2003 to my knowledge.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

if you have that controller this is the driver
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=327415&prodNameId=3279699&swEnvOID=181&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-UNITY-I23400

press F6 and load the drivers using a floppy / USB floppy

regards
Jeazor
Occasional Advisor

Ok ill try that one tomorrow, ill let you know how it works out.

Only other thing is, instead of using the original twin 80gb hard drives I installed and formatted a single 80gb drive, will that work ok?
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

"Ok ill try that one tomorrow, ill let you know how it works out."

OK I'll be waiting for the results

"Only other thing is, instead of using the original twin 80gb hard drives I installed and formatted a single 80gb drive, will that work ok?"

while HDDs is recognized after adding drivers there should be no problems at all

regards
Jeazor
Occasional Advisor

I downloaded and copied the file to a floppy, did a F6 and it says "The file txtsetup.oem could not be found"?????

Any ideas?

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

another floppy?
check if all files are there?

regards
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

I forgot to ask you?

what are you using external or internal floppy unit?
Jeazor
Occasional Advisor

Internal, I actually had a bad floppy,lol. Now its asking me to insert a disk with LSI MegaRAID IDE Driver????