1753569 Members
6047 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML310E Gen8 V2 - AMS Service Error on Debian/Ubuntu

Ren1
Occasional Advisor

ML310E Gen8 V2 - AMS Service Error on Debian/Ubuntu

I keep getting the below error every second after installing the HP Agentless Management Service on Debian 7 / Ubuntu Server 14.04.2 LTS

Loading kernel module for a network device with CAP_SYS_MODULE (deprecated).  Use CAP_NET_ADMIN and alias netdev- instead.

The service installs without error from HP repository, however  the network apadters and storgae device are not being reported in iLo. The status is unknown for each device.

7 REPLIES 7
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

See if this document helps you.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/kb/docDisplay/?docId=emr_na-c03244209

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

Self Solve Options for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Ren1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply 

@suman_1978 wrote:

Hi,

See if this document helps you.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/kb/docDisplay/?docId=emr_na-c03244209

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

Self Solve Options for ProLiant Servers

I didn't bond interfaces but ill give it shot tonight.The error occurs when i install the HP-AMS service.

Ren1
Occasional Advisor

Also im running kernel 3.2.*

Ren1
Occasional Advisor

Bonding.conf does not exist in /etc/modprobe.d/

Before you ask im running:

Debian 7.8 Wheezy

Kernel Version: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64

Suresh_Mani
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Try the ilo4  firmware 2.10. This firmware provides you with a tab " Device Inventory " under System Information screen.

This tab does report all the Devices installed in the server. 

Hope this helps.

Suresh Mani

I work for Hp
Ren1
Occasional Advisor

I've upgraded and downgraded iLo. The error occurs once i install HP's Agentless Management Service on CentOS/Fedora/Debian/Ubuntu.

It says all devices are working from the device inventory tab in iLo however, if i go to the networking tab the status of each NIC is not reported. Also the storage tab doesn't report any drives as being installed on the system. 

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

If you are running the disk controller in AHCI mode, iLO cannot display any data about storage. For the embedded HP Ethernet 1Gb 2-port 332i Adapter you need the hp-tg3sd agent

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5379533&swItemId=MTX_d996d79bf6b948fa826e977f41&swEnvOid=4103#

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!