1753587 Members
6813 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML310G5 - when server is reset, ilo2 also resets

L Healan
Occasional Advisor

ML310G5 - when server is reset, ilo2 also resets

Current ROM FW, ILO2 FW updated from 1.5 to 1.61 - still does it.
Motherboard, Power Cage and Power supplies have all been replaced.
Can't watch boot on Remote Console, and it disconnects virtual media if connected. Make it a little hard to load server remotely this way.
it's not suppose to do that....
16 REPLIES 16
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: ML310G5 - when server is reset, ilo2 also resets

hi

was the battery replaced along with System Board?

which server specifically? I know it's ilo2 but what server and generation?

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
L Healan
Occasional Advisor

System was in subject ML310G5.

Don't know if battery was replaced. Tech did take cpu off old board and put on the new board... not sure what else went from old to new...
thanks
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

oh yeah sorry

so if the server is up and running I mean operating system and you reboot your server your ilo connections is lost?

using both remote console and integrated remote console?

is that IE or firefox?

bye
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Are you using the dedicated iLO port? I think that system allows you to use the embedded NIC as a shared port with iLO. If your using it in shared mode, try using the dedicated iLO port and see if the problem is still there. If the problem goes away, you will need to contact HP support to get the issue escalated.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
L Healan
Occasional Advisor

My tech said the new motherboard came with it's own battery, he didn't take the one off the old and put on the new one.

ILO2 is set to Dedicated...

I use IE6 to get to the ILO2

There is currently no OS on the box - we typically load it remotely via the ILo - and this issue is making that a little difficult.

Thanks all
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

is that the only7 ml310 g5 you got? any other?

bye
L Healan
Occasional Advisor

Our company bought around 12 of them. I asked the project lead, and he says that he's seen ilo issue with about 7 of them. I just happened to be the local SA at my site, and I knew the ILO's aren't suppose to do that - he's relatively new to ILO's. My Hp tech is going to contact Hardware support folks on Wednesday.
JEAN CLAUDE SUARD

Hi,
We also have the same bug on our ILO's card on ML310G5 (but we have 50 of them !! ).

We've updated it to 1.70 and it works a bit better but still have reset (but less often).
When we make a ping on the ilo card (when rebooting the server) with firmware 1.60 we have something like 20 ping lost, with 1.70 only 7 lost ... Not perfect, but only a bit better ...
We ve also changed motherbords (twice ...) and not yet power cage and/or power supply, I guess it'll be the next move from HP ...

L Healan
Occasional Advisor

Thanks - I didn't realize 1.7 was out. Will try that next. We did some testing - and it's the strangest thing. If we attach the ILo to a dumb hub . It works as it should - but when we go back to the cisco switches. It resets again. Hp is trying to blame the switches. I've tried three different ones. They all reset. I've sent the switch config file to my tech - and asked him to send to the ILO engineering folks. We don't deny tcp/udp at the switch, ssh is on , we even tried changing the ssh time-out setting from 60 to 120. Still resets. I even tried ssh telnet getting to the ilo - still resets. It's not suppose to do that... something isn't right. The HP folks that my tech are talking to don't seem to understand why it's a problem. It's almost like - well you can get to the ilo - so...
Thanks so much for your post. I know I'm not crazy now.