3919 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML310e Gen8 - Blinks Health LED RED, no power up

INFOR-RAM
Occasional Contributor

ML310e Gen8 - Blinks Health LED RED, no power up

Hi,

I have an ML310e Gen8 that stoped working.

Health LED blinks RED and doesn't power up.

The server is equiped with 2 hot swap PSU.

I have tested with new PSU no result.

I have also tested with the standard PSU that came with the server but with no result.

Can anyone help me?

5 REPLIES 5
INFOR-RAM
Occasional Contributor

I forgot to mention that the Health LED is blinking RED 1 cicle per second.

When I try to power up, the fan spins and then stops.

There is also a amber LED that blinks in the main board.

AmRa
HPE Pro

If HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 Server series Health LED Flashing red that means Server component health status is critical.

To identify faulty component please perform below action:

1. Check by drain the server power by disconnecting all Power cables and hold the power button for 30 second.
  2. Bring the server to bare minimum configuration.
  3. Disconnect all extra cable connected to system board, except power cable and check the status.
  4. Verify all parts one by one and if faulty part isolated then replace part accordingly.
  5. And If unable to power on server with minimum configuration then issue could be with server system board.

Please refer below link for HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 Server series - LED Indicators information.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c03490341&docLocale=en_US

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
INFOR-RAM
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I have press the power button for 30s after unplugin the power cords.

I have allready tested the memory modules, one by one, to startup the server withhout the hard disk cage connected, with the original PSU that came with the server uppon purchase, with new redundants PSU, without the DVD drive connected.

I have reinstalled the processor, applyed thermal compound.

No result.

When I connect, there are 2 green LED's ON on the main board, then after a while both OFF, then one close to the slot bequins blinking, after a while stays ON, I press the power button, the fans roll for 2 seconds then stop, an amber LED blinks and then OFF and no power.

AmRa
HPE Pro

1. Hope there is no add-on card installed on PCI slot.

2. Check by clearing NVRAM

The following steps may be performed to clear the server NVRAM by accessing the system maintenance switch on the system board.

a. Remove the access panel, and locate the system maintenance switch on system board.

b. Move switch S6 from default 'Off' position to 'On', install the access panel.

c. Connect the power plugs and power up the server.

d. When a message indicates that a maintenance switch has been turned on and the unit has been reset, power it off, remove access panel and reverse switch S6. 

e. Connect the power plugs and power up the server and check the status.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
AmRa
HPE Pro

In addition to above is the iLO accessible, if yes please share the IML event from iLO web console.

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo