108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML310e gen8 v2 - How do I reset to factory

SOLVED
Go to solution
pg5
Occasional Visitor

ML310e gen8 v2 - How do I reset to factory

Being a bit of a fiddler I have put a new ML310e gen8 v2 into rbsu ( command line interface to ?BIOS / UFEI?).

i have changed the controller to ACHI interface but want to really use the B120 controller to control the storage.

Also change to the command line for the bios and just can not do aythning from this command line.

I had previously used a hp ml115 G5 which had a bios like a standard  PC like i've used for years (been building and running PC's since DOS 3 / 5   &  windows 3.11.

Bought this between xmas and new year to replace the ML115. Starting to wish I had not.

Any Help please

2 REPLIES 2
TVVJ
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

You may refer to this document that details switching between ROM-Based Setup Utility (RBSU) CLI and GUI mode.

To reset settings, you may refer to the section "Component identification > System board components" in the server's maintenance and service guide to locate the system maintenace switch on the system board.

Power down the server, remove the power cable from the power supply before removing the access panel of the server.

Locate the system maintenance switch on the system board and put system maintenance switch position 6 to 'On' position, power on the server.

During POST, there will be a message that indicates tha the server's maintenance switch has been turned on.

At that time power off the server, remove the power cable, and reverse the switch's position and then power it on. This clears the RBSU settings. Hope this helps!

[Moderator edit: Updated the broken links.]

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

pg5
Occasional Visitor

Thank you,

The document from the first line of your reply (one I was able to download) it was just what I was looking for.  Did not try the secondary method of switching the matinance switch.

(download servers have been showing errors during the last few days when trying to fix this problem.)

@TVVJ wrote:

Hi,

You may refer to this document that details switching between ROM-Based Setup Utility (RBSU) CLI and GUI mode.

To reset settings, you may refer to the section "Component identification > System board components" in the server's maintenance and service guide to locate the system maintenace switch on the system board.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy