cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML330 G2 Fan Problem

Benjamin Staal
Occasional Visitor

ML330 G2 Fan Problem

I recently aquired a generation 2 ProLiant ML330 to be set up as a ftp and data processing and analysis server, however, the fan has stopped working, and I was wondering if there would be a way to replace the fan without spending the $100 for the fan at the HP parts store.

The computer was donated to my univeristy's Society of Automotive Engineers Formula SAE group since we couldn't afford a to purchase a dedicated data analysis server. Due to our limited funds I was hoping to be able to replace it with an aftermarket fan, but was not sure if the fan was equipped with a PWM connection, or if it was even possible to replace it with a non OEM fan. I was planning on replacing it with a PWM fan capable of about 100-CFM as well as adding three standard intake fans at the bottom of the case, two of which are capable 24-CFM, and the other is rated at 44-CFM. Since I already have the standard fans lying around from various other projects, the only question is what type of fan could replace the case fan? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
1 REPLY
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: ML330 G2 Fan Problem

Hi Benjamin,

Try Ebay....

The spare part number is 241487-001

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=241487-001

I hope this helps.

Brian