1748169 Members
4133 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML330 G2 SCSI CARD

antonio_52

ML330 G2 SCSI CARD

Hello everyone I hope someone can help me. We have a compaq ML330 g2 that just had the scsi card die down last week received my new card today installed the card on system booted up the card seems to detect 15 drives even do the server only has 1 scsi drive. The card is an adaptec 3960 ultra/m pci I have called compaq support changed the scsi id to 0 from 7 per the compaq people but still the card detects theese drives.. I need help
3 REPLIES 3
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Re: ML330 G2 SCSI CARD

Hello Antonio;

This sounds like a problem with termination.

Do you have hot-plug or non-hot plug drives?

Make sure you are using the correct cable for each option (point-to-point scsi for hot-plug; terminated scsi cable for non-) or try swapping the cable.

Cheers,

Janine
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.
antonio_52

At this point I have tried a different cable as well as new scsi card that compaq sent me. Also spoke with compaq support for over 3 hours yesterday for them to tell me it was my hardrive which they sent me a new one but still this new one once connected and tried to reload the OS it verified they is 15 old partitions???
antonio_52

At this point I have tried a different cable as well as new scsi card that compaq sent me. Also spoke with compaq support for over 3 hours yesterday for them to tell me it was my hardrive which they sent me a new one but still this new one once connected and tried to reload the OS it verified there is 15 old partitions???