ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753475 Members
4701 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML330 G3 Hard Drive Size Restriction?

MLines

ML330 G3 Hard Drive Size Restriction?

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on the size of an ATA drive that will work with the ML330? Quickspecs only mention up to 160gb - I want to know if anyone has had any problem running a larger drive (500gb) in this server with RAID turned on. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Does HP supply a 500GB ATA drive for this model server? Usually, HP only "specs" the hardware they sell for a particualar server, not so much what the server can actually handle.

I would think that any newer server (within the past 2 years) would be able to handle a 500GB HDD, but I could be mistaken.

Support on the other hand might be slightly lacking if you decide to go with non standard HP hardware.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
MLines

Let me ask it this way - is anyone running an ML330 G3 with ATA drives larger than 160gb in a RAID configuration using the onboard controller?
Thomas N

i did try to install 2x 250G IDE HD (same model) as individual drive (not Raid 1) as C: & D:
, the first 250G HD C: working normally, but the second 250G HD D: will freeze the maching during accessing, i don't know is the HD size problem or not (result is file system error but can be fixed by WinXp Chkdsk.exe)
xxcfdrr

My ML330 has been running for over a year with the following configuration:

(2) WD 80GB Drives RAID 1 Drive C:
(2) WD 250GB Drives RAID 1 Drive D:

wvhernan

I am also interested in using two (2) 500gb ATA drives with RAID 0 tured on. Can anyone confirm that it works. I would appreciate whatever help anyone can provide.