cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML330 G3 - IDE initialization and boot controller order

Emiliano_3
Occasional Visitor

ML330 G3 - IDE initialization and boot controller order

I disconnected the cdrom drive and connect an ide disk on its place.
It appears that the ide disk isnt initializated at boot time.
I could install debian on it without anyproblem but now, when i try to boot, i can not see the disk.
I am able to use it but booting from a boot floppy image.
Another thing is i can not change the boot controller order from the rbsu. I want to put the ide integrated controller first, before the csb-6.
I am doing all of this using ilo cards.... I dont know if this has any kind of limitation...

Thanks,
Emiliano
3 REPLIES
Symen
Frequent Advisor

Re: ML330 G3 - IDE initialization and boot controller order

The IDE controller in your system will only work with ATAPI devices, so your an IDE harddrive cant work on this controller.
you'll need to make a floppy with the loadable module for your array/sata controller. (whichever you have)
Brett Kerns_1
Occasional Visitor

Emiliano,
I'm having the same issue. I want to boot XP on the lame IDE controller and use the raid controller with 4 drives.
I was able to install XP on the IDE drive connected with the CDROM, both set to CS(cable select)
My problem, like yours...is not being able to select the lame IDE controller (Ctrlr2) as the boot controller.
Symen response is wrong... we can recognize and use Hard disks on that controller, but can not get HP lame ass BIOS to work correctly.
Brett
Jeremy Hauger
Occasional Visitor

I am having a very similar problem. I have the integrated CSB-6 ATA-100 IDE RAID Controller and a Promise SX-4. I want to boot from the onboard controller and use the RAID 5 Array on the Promise for data storage, but the bios keeps trying to boot from the Promise controller even though it is last in the boot order. Any help? G3 ML330 with 9/15/04 bios.